I support the Peoples Housing Plan that will:
- Build public housing and end reliance on private developers.
- Stop economic evictions
- Increase the supply of affordable rental accommodation.
- Cap rent increases at 2%.
- Force vacant housing stock to be made available.
- Make emergency accommodation available to anyone who needs it.
The government's plan to tackle the housing crisis isn’t working and that the homelessness crisis is worse than ever before. There are solutions that will stop the crisis and ensure everyone has a secure affordable home, but we need to force the Housing Minister and the government to listen and act.
The People’s Housing Plan will keep people facing eviction in their homes, build public housing, curtail skyrocketing rents, turn vacant properties into family homes and make emergency accommodation available to all people facing homelessness.